Yesterday, as I received my third copy for the year and took it out of the letterbox and wrapping, her words once again echoed in my ears and I realised that her gift does exactly what she hoped and more.
Firstly, as she intended, her gift:
- reminds me to take time out
- provides a wonderful recovery from a busy day.
But secondly, it goes far beyond that, to also:
- remind me of how grateful I am for her friendship
- make me smile that she was right that I do need reminding sometimes
- help me savour my moments of doing “not much”
- make me want to share this wonderful gift that’s all wrapped up in a magazine cover.
What reminders can you set up to prompt you to take time out and relax? Who can you share a reminder with?
Written by Karen