Psychologically safe and healthy workplaces that enhance people’s mental wellbeing tend to also get better performance from their people and protect them from mental illness, such as depression at work.
Umbrella’s Mental Health Awareness training has been developed to help all team members identify signs of stress and distress in themselves and others. It supports team members to feel more confident talking about mental health in the workplace, and raising concerns with colleagues they may be worried about.
Our mental health awareness training helps staff to:
- Connect with colleagues and leave feeling confident you have some new knowledge and robust skills to take away.
- Increase knowledge about mental health and mental illness, and gain a practical sense of how the two may present.
- Recognise the factors that have either a positive or negative influence on people’s mental health.
- Identify the causes of work-related stress, and signs that stress has become something more serious.
- Initiate and engage in compassionate conversations, when appropriate, with colleagues you are concerned about.
- Gauge your own wellbeing, and learn strategies for improving it.
- Mental Health Awareness 90 min Overview (online or in-person)
- Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace for People Leaders half-day workshop (online)
- Mental Health Awareness for All Staff full-day workshop (in-person)
- Promoting Mental Health in the Workplace full-day workshop for People Leaders (in-person)
- Mental Health Masterclass two-day workshop for People Leaders (in-person)